Thursday, April 10, 2008

Language Learning

Who is a Good language Learner?
Evryone wants to be a good language learner but it seems like so easy for some people who have favorable atitudes toward their learning.

F
irstly Willing to make mistakes is an
atitude of a good language learner. You might think that doesn’t make a sense at all but it does. For example, we can find that characteristic from children who usually don’t care that whether they make a mistake when they are speaking – that is why they absorb languages more quickly than adults. The point is that you shouldn’t afraid about making mistake in your language learning because it is a very good way to learn new language and you will learn from that mistake at least.
Practicing languages as often as possible is the other atitude of good language learner. Basically it is a basic fact that if you do practice more, then you do more better than before. As a explanation, learning language is like a marathon, so if you practice more before you run, your hart and muscle are getting stronger enough to run the whole distance. In addition, I am trying to make good environment for practicing English by enjoing my english novel book and watching television dramas in English and chatting with my classmates as much as I can ; these are my favorite things.
Having a good self-image and lots of confidence are the last points that which leads us to be a good language learner. For example, if we have positive thinking that you have great desires to learn new languages, it might help you to have more motivations for your learning. As an another example, when I have self-confidence that I'm able to learn and getting better skills than before, it helps me a lot to get confidence to stay with English more efficiently. Otherwise I would not be able to learn if I lose my confidence.





4 comments:

Toby said...

i hate learn language.
but i was very happy that i can use it.
confusion!!!!

Truc Pham said...

Holle Choyi,

Your ideas is so clear, I like the way of expressing your ideas. Also, I like your example of comparison between English and marathon. It makes me easy to image!!!!

AURELIO CABRERA said...

I agree with you. These trait are very useful for any language learning, it don't meant other trait are less important but on my point of view the most important trait is practice the new language as much as possible.

saad said...

your points are really helpful for learning a 2nd language.
btw.. thanks for the comment.