Friday, April 18, 2008

Self-Evaluation Of The Novel Project

  Losing self-confident in a public speech,
   How to break this barrier?

In fact, I was totally losing my mind when I was presenting about my book last week. There would be no else excuse that I was absolutely nervous. However, it might be time to think, how can I overcome this matter? First of all, I noticed some patterns of good presenters, who were speaking with full of self-confident, making clear points to fallow. Firstly, in order to have self-confident, you might need lots of practices. More importantly, in order to practice more effectively, you should practice a front of someone such as your friends or family. Actually, I‘ve noticed that when I am able to practice with my friends – specially who is in same class- it is really helpful in order to get feedback immediately and have a chance to be aware of my problem. Secondly, a person, who presented clear points, basically their content was well organized, and he/she used conjunctions or useful directed words such as “My point is that…” “Let’s move on…” which are really useful for audience to follow them.
In addition, even you didn’t make it last time at least you learned from that. ; Actually, I’m trying to keep that in my mind, and say to myself that “Next time, I will do better than before, as being a good speaker.”

2 comments:

Alaa M said...

yes choyi,
I really believe that we are here to learn from our mistakes. it is not the end of life, and as they said: if there is a will, there is a way.
good luck

saad said...

hey choyi,
public speech has been allways hard for most of people. of course while your standing infort of the crowed of audince you might feel not only nervous but stress out as well. researchers have been trying to find out more about this. the only conclusion that they came up with that it all depends about personality and self confidence. the you more trust in your self the better you will be ;)